B. Privacy Data Collection
TVB may collect the following USER’s information either from using the SITE, giving to TVB by the USER, or from third parties:
- Personal information that identifies the USER such as name, home address, age, gender, interests, telephone number, email address.
- Transaction information such as credit/debit card details.
- Information posted on message boards and other user forums such as username, images, and videos.
- Information about the USER’s equipment and about USER’s interactions with TVB, the SITE and other online websites, such as Internet protocol, IP address, pages, content or advertising that USER visited, the type and version of the operating system and web browser, device ID, device location of USER’s device.
- Publicly available data and information collected from social networks.
- Information about USER’s video viewing behavior.
- USER may be required to register personal information before certain services (such as activities and games) become available to USER. USER must (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete personal information about the USER; and (b) update any changed information from time to time. TVB may suspend or terminate USER or refuse USER’s access to the SITE or any of its services without notice if we suspect that USER has breached this provision.
C. Usage of USER’s Data
- TVB may use the collected USER’s information for the following ways:
- Respond to USER’s inquiries, requests, and comments.
- Allow USER to participate in any special features, activities or games offered on the SITE, where USER can choose to do so.
- Enter USER into sweepstakes, contests or promotions where requested.
- To provide technical support, software updates, and product support as needed by the USER.
- Send USER newsletters and information about products, services and promotions relating to us and/or our business partners.
- Send USER service-related communications, including but not limited to announcements and administrative messages.
- Prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities (such as copyright infringement) when accessing and using the SITE.
- Enforce any terms and conditions and policies of using the SITE.
- Understand how the services of the SITE are being used so that TVB can continuously improve them.
- USER information may be shared within TVB and among TVB affiliates, and used to help TVB better tailor the SITE, its services and products to the USER.
D. Protection of USER’s Data
- TVB will not transfer USER’s personal information to any third party for any other commercial use.
- TVB maintain procedural, technical and physical measures to help protect against misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure of the personal information USER provides via the SITE. However, no transmission of data is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access unlawfully the USER’s information even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission is encrypted. Therefore, any transmission of personal information to us is made at USER’s own risk. If USER believes that USER’s interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us using the Contact Us details below.
- It is stated in the T&C that If USER is under 18 years of age, USER must review the T&C with a parent or legal guardian to ensure the parent or legal guardian acknowledges and agrees to the T&C. Should USER’s parent or legal guardian not acknowledge and agree to the T&C, USER must immediately discontinue its use and exit this SITE. TVB do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under the age of 13 or 18 (depending on different State requirement). We encourage parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to be fully familiar with the online services or websites used by their children. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under 13 or 18 (depending on different State requirement) has provided us with information without his or her consent, please contact us, and we will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
- If USER does not wish our retention and/or use of USER personal information at any time after giving us the information, USER may e-mail us using the email address indicated under “Contact US” of the SITE. We shall cease to use USER personal information and shall disable USER access to the relevant services upon receipt of USER’s email notification. USER’s personal information will be removed from our storage three (3) months after we receive USER the above email notification.
E. Contact Us
USER may contact TVB by using email address listed on the “Contact US” of the SITE.